Sunday, January 6, 2008

Ah, to Ski

Tyler and I vacillated back and forth about whether or not we should ski when while we were in Colorado. Of course, we wanted to (we hadn't skied in 2 years), but we weren't sure about dragging all our ski stuff to CO and the expense.

We decided to go for it and I am so glad we did. After having lived in Breck we had become snow and crowd snobs, but I so desperately wanted to ski that I was ready for average conditions and standing in lift lines. I love being in the mountains so much I figured at least that objective would be achieved by going to Cooper.

Our day of skiing with my dad was fabulous! The snow was great and it kept snowing the whole day which kept the crowds down. I was encouraged that I slowly remembered what I was doing flying down the slopes and even managed to do a decent job in the bumps. By the end of the day I was exhausted and happy with a happiness that only high altitude sports can bring.