
Moose just started a new preschool and he LOVES it. The first day he was so excited to go and meet new friends.
When BiggiE and I went to pick him up, Moose ran up and hugged me and exclaimed, "Mom, I'm in the YELLOW group!" All the way home he told us about circle time, the story of a new duck at school who made a friend, and how he was concerned about the sand bees outside. He wrapped up his recounting with, "I want to go to preschool again!"
I felt choked up with gratitude because of the stark contrast already between preschool this year and last year. I felt unsure about his preschool last year from the beginning. Instead of heeding my reservations I wrote them off as overthinking the issue and we plowed through the year. The situation never improved and it was never the right fit for Moose. I felt such relief when we finally pulled him out in May. I only wished I had done it sooner.
The moment we walked into the new preschool Moose clearly felt comfortable. At the open house last week he walked up to a few kids and said, "Hi, I'm Moose." We're all looking forward to a great year.