Saturday, December 6, 2008

Baby Jelly Belly is Here!

Baby Jelly Belly was born Friday, December 5th at 7:00 AM. She weighed in at 6 lb. 8 oz. (2 lbs. less than her brothers!) and 19 inches long.

My water broke at 12:10 AM. We headed to the birthing center at 3:45 AM. And our little baby joined us by 7 AM. Now that's my kind of labor.

Her name is the French spelling of Christmas. If you need a hint, there is a carol "The First ______" and it is spelled with an -elle. Her middle name is my first name (a family name) and also the name of Isaac's wife in the Old Testament.

Now for a few pics:
Here we are moments after the birth. I transitioned so fast I never made it into the tub.
Taking a snooze at the birthing center.
Meeting her big brothers for the first time.
Os, Moose and BiggiE made Jelly Belly a birthday cake today to celebrate. (Look at all the pink in this picture. It is stretching me already! And "Princess" -- yikes. I am trying to be brave.)