Friday, July 3, 2009

Hawaii

We've been home from Hawaii for three weeks and I am finally posting pictures. You'll have to bear with me. Kona is such a beautiful place it is hard to decide which photos to NOT include. (Our brother and sister-in-law have requested that we do not post pictures of their kids, so you'll have to come visit me if you want to see those.) This is a circumstance where it would be nice to imbed a slideshow, but I have decided I will post as is and have them up. I can always figure out the slideshow another time.

This trip was to celebrate Os's parents' 60th birthdays and 40th wedding anniversary.


The Os Thomases getting crazy at Volcano National Park.


The house we stayed in was right on the water. Ah.....


Our little Hawaiian baby...


...and her big brother.


All six kids loved the water, but Moose especially took to the snorkeling. He would ride out to the drop off 200 yards from shore with Os and another adult and snorkel for an hour every day (at least). One time it was just Os, Moose and I and having that time with my big guy was one of the highlights of the trip for me.




We saw sea turtles, eels, and a host of tropical fish, many of which are in the movie Finding Nemo. If either of the boys tell you they saw a "Gill" fish they mean that they saw a Moorish Idol fish like the one named Gill in Nemo.







The boys loved to go "fishing" in the tidal pools.


Looks like BiggiE caught something! Oh wait, it is his stuffed animal doggie posing as a black trigger fish.


We went of several excursions. Here is Jelly Belly enjoying Hapuna Beach with Grandmere and Grandpere.




We also drove up to the northern tip of the Big Island and hiked down to the black sand beaches of Pololu Valley.







I'm not sure I actually even cracked open a book during the trip, but this photo captures my feeling of relaxation.





What an amazing trip! Thank you, Grandmere and Grandpere!!