Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009

We had a lovely Christmas at home with Os's brother, Drew. The men made an amazing Christmas Eve dinner which included shrimp bisque and lamb. Christmas morning we enjoyed opening presents and had a grand time putting together the boys' new Star Wars legos. I have many fond memories of playing legos with my brother through most of our years growing up, so there was something really special about playing with the boys. It only took 2.5 hours, 3 adults, 2 children and one neglected toddler to build two star ships (V-19 Torrent and Anakin Starfighter -- Moose and BiggiE appreciate the usage of the technical names.)


Miss Jelly Belly had several lovely holiday gowns given to her as gifts. This one is from our friend, Alison.


We had our usual cookie decorating extravaganza, though we sent 20 of the cookies to school with Moose. I think the season may have snuck up on me because for some odd reason I did not get my holiday sweets binge this year. I suppose that is a good thing, but my internal sugar cookie meter feels below the normal level. (I like this photo because BiggiE is double-fisting the knives.)


The jammie kids Christmas morning.


Jelly Belly loving her doll from Grandpa and Grandma.


The lego fun. The ships of actually for kids quite a bit older than our boys, but they both did a good job of finding the right piece needed and putting most of it together if you showed them where it went.