Even with spring in the air, my spirit has been stuck in bleak midwinter. I have felt weary with life. Being with my grandma was such an encouragement. She is a flesh and blood witness in the crowd testifying to God's goodness and faithfulness. She is turning 89 this May and is still active and purposeful and learning. That is how I want to be in this dreary present when the light seems hazy and continuing on to each day that is set before me.
There is something very special about grandparents. I loved watching my kids with their GG (great-grandma). All three kids had instantaneous affection for her and were bright and bubbly in the warmth of her love.

Sweet Jelly Bean having a chat with GG in the Redwoods

We took a trip to the majestic Redwoods and enjoyed a lovely picnic lunch.

GG, Grandpa and the kids -- there was a bit of a glare as you can see from the expressions.

Family photo of four generations