Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mickey D's


Let me start by saying that we don't do fast food very often. If we do it is In'N'Out. I was convinced by Super Size Me and I agree with The Omnivore's Dilemma.

We don't belabor our opinions with the kids because we don't want to make fast food illicit = delicious. All this to tell how amused I was when my friend told me what occurred when she had Moose for a play date the other day.

Allison had taken the older boys to the park while I kept the younger ones. Moose and his friend were saying how hungry they were, so Allison decided to pop into McDonald's to give them a snack. The boys started to work on their yogurt parfaits and Allison noticed how slowly Moose was eating his. Allison asked him if everything was okay and Moose replied, "This isn't hurting me. I thought that it might since it doesn't have very good ingredients." Allison put Moose's mind at ease (and later I made sure to explain that having it once in a while was okay) and she and I had a good chuckle how kids this age see things very much in black and white.