Friday, January 28, 2011

A Good Morning

I've been reflecting recently on how so very often in my day to day life I function from a pre-Galilean perspective -- a view whereby, substituting myself for the earth, everything revolves around me. Not only is it cosmically inaccurate, it is a miserable way to live.

I don't show this reality in as obvious a way (I don't think) as say, a few professional athletes and celebs that come to mind, but it's there, nonetheless and is most harmful to those closest to me.

As I strive to acknowledge God as the center of my galaxy I find things falling into place. And I have more moments like the ones this morning painting with the kids.




BiggiE was cracking me up. He must be a Classicist, rather than a Modern, because he would not conceive of leaving any of his canvas blank. Though I will say he was rather free form in his brush strokes...