Let the rest of the country snicker, it has finally started raining again in Northern California. So in an attempt to embrace the sogginess, here are four reasons I am thankful it will raining all week.
1. I have good reason to wear my cute rain boots. If there are puddles, you might as well stomp...

2. My allergies are going away. It has been so warm everything is blooming (Easterners shed a tear for me) and now I get a break.
3. Construction has stopped on the road in front of Moose's school. Aha! I am finally arriving early! I truly have been trying to adjust to the expected gridlock on the road and circle drive in front of the elementary school, but if you know me well you know that estimating the time needed to arrive on time is not my strong suit. I can now turn over a new leaf, for this week at least.
4. No baseball practice. I know that sounds terrible. I accidentally broke my self-imposed rule and completely over-scheduled my kids. Being new to Little League I didn't realize practices would start in FEBRUARY. So this was to be the last week of swim lessons and gymnastics, plus we would have had 3 baseball practices on top of it all. I'm sure some veteran parents are laughing at me, but to me that seems outrageous. One activity is plenty at this age, in my opinion, so thank you, rain, we now have more time.
(Oh yeah, and we need the rain to water everything and have water to drink. And it is beautiful. I was going to say that too...)