After reading Angie's post entitled "Sick" I started to contemplate what is going on in my heart. I've been thinking about how I trust God and honor God and maybe even obey God, but I haven't really been loving God the last couple weeks. What happens to a relationship without the love?
Yesterday I realized I have been the same way toward Tyler the last couple weeks, too. I trust him and honor him, but haven't been terribly loving.
I reflected that I have been functioning in these two most important relationships from my own selfishness. How do God and Tyler improve my life, what am I getting out of it? Let me state, for the record, that I am getting a ton of blessings from God and Tyler and can't imagine life without them, but all this self-focus can and will corrupt both relationships. It's like I ask God to sit on the throne of my life and then tell Him to scooch over a little so I can sit up there with Him and survey His handiwork. Where is the humble praise and adoration and love?
I really appreciate what Melissa had to say in "Dumbledore's Line" about perspective and choosing what is right instead of what is easy. I felt like she was writing about my life.
Please, God, rekindle my first love. Give me an undivided heart.