We have been loving listening to the boys recently. One of my favorite things about preschool age children is hearing them express what they're thinking about and how they see the world.
BiggiE, though not preschool age, is very verbal. I use to say that one-year-olds were hard for me because they can't talk very much. God has taken away that excuse with BiggiE. At 18 months he is already linking words, for example , "Here you go", "please stop", "Judah's house". He is also a little parrot and will attempt nearly any word he hears. One of my favorites is "delicious" (sounding like dewicious).
The other day Moose was talking about when he becomes a parent. (We have been working on clarifying who is the parent and who is the child.) He told us he is going to have four kids, two boys and two girls. (I'm already looking forward to being a grandma and this sounded pretty good to me.) Then he said he is going to give his kids discipline and crepes. I chuckled and then realized that is actually probably a good balance of truth and grace:).
Ha, ha. The boys are watching the old Robin Hood movie while I type and Moose just started crying. I glanced up and saw it was the romance scene between Robin Hood and Maid Mariam. Moose lamented, "I want the day part!" Apparently, aversion to romance begins at a young age.
Recently, Tyler and I were discussing our differences of opinion on how to explain concepts to the boys. While I certainly don't want to speak baby talk, sometimes I feel Tyler uses words and ideas that are too complicated. Wouldn't you know that the very next day Tyler scored big points for his side of the argument. The boys and I were driving to get Moose's hair cut and somehow the conversation came around to Moose asking, "Where is God?" I replied that God is everywhere. Then Moose said something else about everywhere that I didn't quite catch, so I simply said, "Yes, God is the only one who is everywhere." Moose added, "That's right. Omnipresent means everywhere. Remember Papa said that?" One order of humble pie, please.