Friday, March 20, 2009

The Power of a Moment


I had a chance to sit in a vineyard in the warm sunshine this week. The black dormant vines with the bright yellow mustard flowers growing out of impossible green grass always makes me feel reflective. I suppose it is not surprising that I felt especially reflective this week since my husband was in a car crash from which he shouldn't have walked away.

The words from a song I haven't listened to in 10 years have been replaying over and over in my head:

You know the number of my days
Come paint Your pictures on the canvas in my head
Come write Your wisdom on my heart
Teach me the power of a moment
-Chris Rice

I have been really learning about soaking in the most of each moment this past year. I feel like Os's accident is an exclamation mark on everything I've been putting into practice. I am so thankful I will be able to continue to enjoy my journey with Os. For me, that is the power of a moment.