The boys and I went to our friends' annual Pumpkin Carving party. It was lots of fun, but the boys didn't do much pumpkin carving -- there were too many friends to play with...

I tried to involve the boys as much as possible. They decided on the design and helped me pull out the chunks as I carved, but they weren't interested in doing much actual carving. At one point BiggiE was sitting on a lawn chair near me eating a potato chip while I carved out his creation. I heard him call to his friends, "I can't play right now, I'm carving a pumpkin!" I laughed out loud at his loose interpretation of his involvement. I'm confident the boys will catch the carving bug one of these years.

Our Bumblebee Transformer and Iron Man

The sweetest duckling ever. I can say that even though the costume was originally BiggiE's because he never actually wore the costume. (He threw a fit when I tried to have him try on the costume and I decided it was not a battle I wanted to fight.)

I gave this little duckling ONE piece of chocolate at Moose's school carnival and she chanted, "Chocwhet! Chocwhet! Chocwhet!" the whole drive home.

Easy Halloween Craft

I love this festive treat that is NOT candy.
Here we have the requisite tractor pictures at the pumpkin patch. It was a rainy day when we went to the patch, so it was nice the tractors were inside the barn. They also had a big "creepy, crawly" barn with spiders, owls and snakes, etc. (Way too many snakes for my taste, but it was educational.)



I'm not exactly sure why the Fall Festival of creepy crawlies had a starfish tank, but the kids loved it nonetheless.

I think Farmer Moose just noticed the sign behind him.



I had to include this picture because it has been Giants fever here in the Bay area during the World Series. It was very handy to have the Giants team colors be Halloween colors as well. We decorated these cookies while we watched the Giants beat the Phillies.