Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall


I LOVE this mirror. I feel so happy whenever I notice it.

Part of my enjoyment is how I found it. I had a handful of minutes before I needed to be home to relieve our babysitter and I spontaneously decided to stop by a vintage shop along the highway near our home. The proprietor was so friendly. She offered me tea as I walked in and was so warm and inviting. I meandered around.

I first noticed a different mirror and inquired about it and the proprietor thought I was asking about this mirror. We went over to look and my heart leapt. It is an old window made into a mirror with unpainted wood and curved top -- just my style. With my birthday being right around the corner my generous parents offered to buy it for me.

At first I wrestled with being so thrilled about such a trivial thing, but I decided we are created to enjoy beauty so I'm okay as long as my joy wouldn't be shattered like the glass of the mirror if it fell.