Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Damien and Roman

We were so thrilled to have Os's cousins, Damien and Roman, visit for a week. We packed a lot of fun into one week. I may be biased, but they are the greatest guys. I actually had several friends comment that Damien and Roman made them think having teenagers wouldn't be so bad.

They were so great with the kids. Damien and Roman, you have the first three members of your fan club out here in CA. Plus, literally every time I got up one of them would ask, "Can I help you with something?"

I was a bit of sap inside having them here. I have such fond memories of playing with Damien and Roman on the Outer Banks, NC when they were the same ages my boys are now. I felt very nostalgic.

Add to that the fact that their dad passed away this year under pretty horrific conditions and these guys are remarkably together even with all they've been through. The first night they were here they were playing with the kids in the boys' room and I was in the kitchen quietly crying because I just love them so much.

So we had a GREAT week and I took a lot of pictures...

Fort fun on the first day.


We went to Six Flags. Roman and the boys rode the scrambler at least three times.


Damien was kind enough to ride with Jelly Bean on her favorite ride, as she says, "the tea cups". Huge Damien is a good juxtapose to itty Jelly Bean.


Munching popcorn while watching the dolphin show.


Jelly Bean leading the way on our hike in Jack London State Park.




Bedtime stories

Everyone gets their own book read at the same time with so many readers available.


Drew came up and all the guys went canoeing. It is fitting that these three shared a canoe because Drew, BiggiE, and Roman are all cut from the same cloth.




Cards and laughter




No trip to CA is complete without a trip to In-N-Out.


It is so fun to enjoy the redwoods with someone who is experiencing them for the first time. Roman had never seen them before and was all awe.




It's hard to beat the backdrop at Baker Beach.


Kudos to these crazies for getting in the water. They come from a long line of Thomases that HAVE to get in the ocean.








These photos show the kids' pure enjoyment with Damien and Roman around...




We love you, Damien and Roman!! Will you come again next summer? Please...