Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lego Birthday Party

Not a huge surprise that Moose requested a Lego birthday party as he nearly lives and breaths Legos.

My friend, Kelli, sent me a link almost a year ago to a blog that was chalk full of ideas for Lego birthday parties. Most of the ideas I used were found on Oh Dee Doh or from links from the blog.

Frosting this ice cream cake was a bit of a challenge. It is the number seven just to clarify. I was super thankful for the many cake decorators who went before me into the realm of Lego cake creation. The idea to use empty clear tea lights for the Lego nobs was simple and, I think, a good effect.




We played a variety of Lego games. I enjoyed watching them play "Collaboration" where each person has a turn to grab a Lego or two out of the bowl and then has to add to what has already been made.




The birthday boy was pretty pleased.


Some of our silly party goers.




The homemade pinata. I had flashbacks from grade school using my watered down glue and paint brush.


And last, but not least, my favorite: Lego Marshmellow Pops. I love when a project is easy, works the way it is said to and turns out the way you hoped. These little guys were so much fun to make and just make me smile when I see them.