The boys recently saw Mary Poppins for the first time and one of their favorite parts is the cleaning of the nursery as Mary Poppins sings "A Spoon Full of Sugar". I remember, as a child, wishing I could snap my fingers to clean my room. (I could still use that little trick.) Watching the movie as a mom I have noticed new aspects, particularly how strict Mary Poppins is with the children, yet how much they love their nanny with the "sweet disposition".Micah told me last week he doesn't like it when I use my stern voice. I told him that mommys need to use a stern voice with boys that are not listening. Then I decided to borrow a page out of Mary Poppins and I told him that just like Mary Poppins I am "kind, but extremely firm." Sigh, if only I could maintain that balance. Maybe the real secret is a funky hat and a birdsong.