I have been brainstorming a list of kooky things about me for a long time now. It's not that it is hard to come up with kooky things about me, don't get me wrong, it's more a matter of what to choose. My friends, Michelle and Kelli, tagged for a "meme" back in January and here is the (long awaited) list:
1. I always use my host's shampoo when I shower at a some else's house. I bring my own hair products into the shower, but don't ever use them. (There go our overnight invites.)
2. I am squirrel when it comes to nuts, especially pistachios. I cannot shell pistachios fast enough and I can eat them only at a frenetic pace.
3. I have a very specific temperature that I like my hot drinks. (Tyler says it is lukewarm, but he is not appreciating the subtleties.) Tyler is often my cup bearer and tests my drink to see if is "my temperature" yet.
4. I don't know if it counts to put in something I use to do, but I use to alternate each day whether I put my right sock and shoe on first or my left sock and shoe on because I didn't want either foot to feel left out. I am not anywhere near that fair with my children, in case you're curious.
5. Like Kelli, I have been known to root for the "bad guy", too, feeling he or she is perhaps misunderstood. I first remember feeling that way with Captain Hook in Peter Pan.
6. I have an elaborate arranging of the sheets, pillows, and blankets that I do every night so they are just right and comfy. My obliging husband often has to put up with my ceremony since he can fall into bed and be asleep in five minutes. I don't mind a cuddle while I sleep but I either have to be in bed first (to ensure I am properly arranged) or given the time (Tyler has it down to a science) to be in said state of comfyness. I shocked Tyler once in our first years of marriage when several hours into sleep I yanked my pillow off the bed, shouting, "I hate this pillow!"
That's enough. I am feeling kookier and kookier as the list grows.
I tag Ashley, Marcy, Rachel, Andrea, Davina, Connie, Barb and Kristina.