Sunday, May 16, 2010

Comments on a 10th Century BC Monarch

BiggiE's my kid who is always thinking about life from a different angle than most people. Moose is the linear guy who can outline his thoughts with bullet points, but with BiggiE you never know what you're going to get. It is one of the things I love about him.

For example, a few months back he and I were talking about memory and remembering. I asked him what he remembered about his last birthday. He paused for a moment and then replied, "But if it was my last birthday I would be dead." While most people enter a house through the front door BiggiE is libel to come in through the upstairs window. Often he'll make a statement and I have to do some mental gymnastics to figure out what idea he has entered and from which direction.

All of this is to preface his comment at dinner the other night. Os was working late and the kids and I were enjoying one of our favorite meals -- pizza and berries. In the midst of the munching and chit chat BiggiE announces, "Rehoboam was a lousy king."

My turn: twist, leap, roll, splits, "Yes, yes he was."

(Incidentially, BiggiE's comment was prompting by watching their new found love Jelly Telly.)