Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sesame Street and Lava Frosting

The boys and I had so much fun making Cookie Monster cupcakes for BiggiE to take to preschool for his birthday. If I had a scanner I would love to show you a photo from 30 years ago with my dad posing just the same way in front of similar cupcakes for my preschool.


We had a great time at BiggiE's birthday party. I think it was my friend, Michelle, who mentioned the idea of using dry ice to have a steaming volcano cake. Whomever it was, we thank you -- the cake was a huge success. Uncle Drew took a video and the oohs and ahs are very enthusiastic.


Each kid made their own mini volcano and we made them erupt, or as BiggiE says "interrupt", with vinegar and baking soda. There was so much excitement with every eruption it was like they were seeing it for the first time over and over again. Hilarious!