Friday, June 10, 2011

School's Out for the Summer!

The boys finished out another great school year.

Moose had a stellar year in 1st grade and loved his teacher, Maestra Kristina. Os and I loved her, too. Not only did Kristina push the students academically she added lots of art and music. I knew it was a good sign when I saw she had a piano in her classroom. Moose was motivated to do his best and several times he drew pictures for her. After I videoed him reading "Good Night Moon" in Spanish the first thing he asked me is if I would email it to Maestra Kristina. I love first graders -- especially this guy!


BiggiE almost needed this many teachers to corral him and his friends. He has so many ideas and so much enthusiasm. He has not been too fond of the art projects in preschool this year, but he has been a very good friend and made lots of good buddies. Toward the end of the school year it seemed he was ready to be finished with preschool. On his last day he said, "Good! Now I can go to Kindergarten next week." BiggiE can pick out many words already and knows the math facts of a first grader (thanks to games with his brother). Goodbye preschool, this boy is ready for Kindergarten!