
I loved Asheville, NC! I had heard wonderful things about it - that is was beautiful, outdoorsy, with a splash of hippy thrown in. Sounds like my kind of town. Our friend, Maggie, grew up in St. Louis with Tyler and she also graduated from Colorado State. She said Asheville was like the Fort Collins of the East, but more artsy.
Asheville was just as pretty as billed being set in the foothills of the Appalachians. There were delicious sounding restaurants, art galleries and cute shops all over the downtown. I was thrilled to eat breakfast at Green Sage where they actually have a compost bin next to their trash and recycling.

After the rehearsal dinner on Friday night, Tyler's mom and dad and I decided to walk back to the hotel. Across the street from the restaurant there was a drum circle going on in a little plaza, so we decided to check it out. I love live music and something about drums gets me in my core, just like the sound of crashing waves.

One thing I love about Tyler's dad is that he will just hop in anywhere. He spotted a vacant drum and just sat down and asked the guy next to him if he could play, no matter that he was wearing a sport coat instead of tie-dye. It was hilarious! I admire his boldness because I wouldn't even think to join in.