Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pregnancy Update

I just got home from a visit with the midwives. The midwife I saw today, Chris, said this baby does not seem like an 8 lb. baby (both boys were 8 lb. 8 oz.) I'm hopeful that might mean an easier delivery. Chris wants me to have an ultrasound tomorrow and a non-stress test because I am measuring small and they just want to confirm everything is okay.

I feel melancholy. I think it is nearing the end of pregnancy and feeling unwieldy and tired. One of the boys was just terrible at the appointment with the midwife. When we got back to the car I cried for a good five minutes because of hormones and tiredness and embarrassment. My thoughts were along the lines of, " Why are we having another kid?"

I know it will all pass and the sun will shine again, but I just wanted to be real about life here at Youwithus.