Sunday, May 15, 2011

Grandpa Visits

This past week my dad came to visit. It felt very short and very sweet.

We walked to Black Bear Diner for "Teddy Bear Tuesday" -- teddies come along and the kids get a free meal.


We drove to Petaluma and walked around downtown. We wandered around the Seed Bank which had all kinds of heirloom seeds. (Mom, I swear we didn't buy any!) and then stumbled across Della Fattoria for a delicious lunch. I felt like the name looked familiar and later Os told me it was his new favorite bread company. I know everyone is all about their iPhone and GPS for finding restaurants, but I say there is nothing like a good meal at a new place you stumbled upon in the moment.

If you know my dad you will know that he can't keep his feet out of water. Here he and Jelly Bean cool off their toes in a fountain in downtown Petaluma.


BiggiE had Grandpa's help putting together his birthday present from Uncle Peter and Aunt Kim.


We went for a butterfly hunt in the nearby Regional Park.


I am glad we just saw insects, apparently there have been many baby rattler sightings this year. No thanks!


We hiked to the reservoir and, you guessed it, we had to put our feet in.


A little spa treatment for the toes...


We love you, Dad! Thanks for coming to visit!