I had so much fun with this party. It all started when the kids and I saw a video of a little boy who had a "playable" Angry Birds cake. Moose knew that was what he wanted.
I got all my ideas from scouring the internet, especially Pintrest. I'll list the links at the bottom of this post.
For the food we had to have pigs-in-a-blanket!
The cake! It actually was super easy to build. All the gray and white pieces are frosted rice crispy treat, the brown base pieces are cake and the brown uprights are Keebler fudge sticks.
Making the fondant Angry Birds was like playing with play-doh. A little watered paintbrush to make the pieces stick together and viola!
I figured it might be good to have some unmutilated cake to eat. Naturally, it was only the adults who had a cupcake.
Before the party started we had a visit from our very own actual angry bird. The blue jays love our redwoods and one of them definitely loved Moose's cake. The boys' were on bird alert to scare away any unwelcome fowl until the party started. Yes, I could have moved the cake back inside, but I wasn't sure how stable it would be.
This our make shift attempt at an Angry Birds game. There are very complicated examples shown in the cyber world, but the kids seem to love this just as well.
