One thing I love about browsing other blogs is the insights and humorous escapades from other people's lives. I think I need to start a category of "Gleaned Goodies" that I snatch from other people's blogs.
This one is from Organized Chaos. Organized Chaos got this quote from the book "Train Up A Child".
"A child learns of the character of God through observing his parents. Parents don't have to be perfect, just a balanced representation of God's personality. Everything that God is in character and government, parents should display within the limits of their humanity. Parents need not be all-powerful, just the child's source of strength. They don't have to be all-wise, just wise enough to guide the child and warrant admiration. Parents need not be sinless, just demonstrate a commitment to goodness."
It is so reaffirming that parenting is all about God and His glory and all my failure is fine, part of the plan even, because I can use it to point my child to the Perfect Parent. Of course, being a source of my child's strength, wise enough to guide my child and demonstrate a commitment to goodness is enough to have me on my knees all day, everyday. But, the best place to live from is being wholly submitted to Christ anyway.