Monday, October 8, 2007

The un-fairy tale me

I was writing in my journal the other day when I was blindsided by my own sin. I was detailing my feelings about a new group I joined where I like all the women, but many of them are not instant connects for me. I know it is a rare, special thing to meet someone and know that they are a potential bosom friend. Of course, knowing how uncommon that is and still expecting it is an ongoing occurance/problem for me.

As I journaled I was trying to describe how I felt about these women. I wrote, "...it's just not a glass slipper fit." Then so suddenly and forcefully I almost felt it physically, the thought came, "Or maybe it's just that I'm not Cinderella." I suspect the thought was from God because the conviction I felt as I burst into tears was that gentle, firm and deep ache that only the Spirit can bring. I confessed my self-centeredness and arrogance. I am usually so focused on myself that if the thought comes of how I could bless other people it is most certainly belated. May God open my eyes to how He sees people.