We just had a lovely morning field trip with Moose's preschool to the local pumpkin patch. It was drizzling so we arrived home a bit damp. In celebration of Fall and gray, rainy days I suggested we make hot chocolate. I like to make my own hot chocolate on the stove with milk, cocoa and sugar.
As I stirred and heated our treat I was inspired to toss in a scoop of Kidz SuperFood (Outrageous Chocolate Flavor, says the package.) Normally, I serve this cleverly disguised concoction of dehydrated fruits and vegetables in cold milk. I thought, why not warm? Well, as the title of this post declares: green scum. Something about the heat separated the chocolate color from the veggies and a nice green layer formed on top of the pot. I chuckled to myself and thanked my lucky stars that both my sons are still young enough that the promise of a "hot drink" is all they care about whether topped with whipped cream or, in this case, green scum. I did, however, decide to spare you a photograph.