Thursday, December 6, 2012

Art with Malia


The kids are the only ones who like to play with Malia.  I've seen all these art/craft ideas on Pinterest and asked Malia if she would come hang out and do art with me.

I wanted to make a little project for Valentine's Day as I am trying to decorate more for each season.  I saw this idea http://pinterest.com/pin/29132728809208190/ and decided to put a Valentine's Day twist on it.

Here's our crayon bits...


... prepared by our trusty un-wrappers.


We made some little melted together crayon hearts for the kids to give away with their Valentine's at school.
 
And Malia and I made these.

Malia is the kind of artist that seems to just go with what she feels.   It reminds me of my ceramic class my senior year of high school.  I sat next to my friend, Lisa, and I would be happily finishing up my creation only to look over at Lisa's masterpiece and feel like, "Oh."
Don't worry, Malia, I will still do art with you.  I read somewhere you should never apologize for your art and I wondering if that applies to crafts, too, because I often feel the need to explain.:)
Posted by Picasa