Thursday, December 6, 2012

BiggiE's 6th Birthday Party


It is Ninjago central over here for BiggiE's 6th birthday.  Most of these ideas I got from Pinterest, of course, and I'll put the links at the end of the post.

These cupcakes for school were super easy and a big hit.


Here's the cake.  I used my friend's Lego guy mold and looked at pictures.  I was fighting with my buttercream frosting, so the base of the cake itself isn't going to win any awards, but I was happy with how the ninjas turned out.


I braided some fondant and painted it brown for the ropes and I used some edible gold spray for the crest and drew on the lion face with edible writing pen.


We played a few games:  Here BiggiE is leading the group in Sensei Says.
 
 


Some cute siblings watching the precedings.


Another Ninja training game: the skeleton (balloon) stomp.
 
 
Use your focus to get the chocolate without your hands.
 
 


I love BiggiE's amusement at Os's attempt.


Skeleton bowling


Looks like the Ninja's win was decisive.


Ninja masks for all.  This was one of those simple projects that takes a long time due to the sheer number of masks needed.  I used fleece because I didn't want to worry about unraveling, but there were a lot of hot noggins on this warm Spring day.
 


Now this is my kind of sushi!
 


I forgot to take a picture of the gift bags. (Yes, I am caving in to a cultural expectation I have dissed in the past.)  I got Chinese take out boxes and put in some fortune cookies, a ninja rubber ducky and one of these guys:


A lot of my ideas came from http://jennyleephotography.blogspot.com/2011/05/happy-4th-birthday-cooper.html

The ninjago masks: http://crackofdawncrafts.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-your-own-ninja-costume-masks.html
Posted by Picasa